Medical Tourism in India
Medical VISA to India
India has become the most preferred destination in the world for medical tourism. The government of India has introduced medical visa for foreign nationals across the world seeking specialty medical treatment in India for extended periods. A visa-on-arrival system for tourists from few selected countries has been instituted by government of India, which allows foreign nationals to stay in India for 60 days for medical procedures.
Maximum of two attendants who are blood relatives are permissible to accompany the patient under separate Medical Attendant visas. The validity of Medical Attendant Visa will be same as the patient Medical visa. The preliminary duration of Medical visa is up to a year or duration of the treatment, whichever is less. The visa allows maximum of 3 entries during 1 year.
- People traveling from the below mentioned countries should have Yellow Fever vaccination certificate as per Govt. of India directives. All passengers arriving to India w. e. f 14th February 2014 from Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria and Somalia must carry Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certificate taken six weeks prior to entry. This certificate is obligatory for both Adults and Children.
- All travelers from above seven countries must now possess a written record of vaccination (patient-retained record) for polio, preferably using IHR 2005 International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis from a hospital or Centre administering OPV by the Government of their respective country.
- Every medical document is checked by Indian Missions and Posts that are placed abroad to confirm whether the request to obtain a medical visa is genuine or not.
- One may also need to provide satisfactory details to The Missions that they have sought initial medical advice in the country of residence / origin and consequently has got an advice to go for special treatment.
- One can get a Medical Visa to India only for treatment in reputed and recognized medical centers. Although a medical visa to India is given for a number of treatments but there are prime ones including blood disorders, cancer, radio therapy, Neuro-Surgery, heart treatments, renal disorders, plastic surgery, organ transplants, gene therapy, plastic surgery, ophthalmic disorders, congenital disorders, and more.
© Copyright 2018 BMT Clinic.